Don't tell the Dark Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices, but this may be THE BEST healthy-ish snack I've ever made. While making those this time, I decided to zest the oranges and try something new with the same ingredients. During these hard times where it's hard to even find the groceries you need, I am trying to waste nothing! That includes zesting the oranges I eat and saving the zest for other treats.
Alright, lets get started on this Dark Chocolate Orange Zest Bark! This is such a refreshing snack, so it's great for the warmer weather that is coming our way.
- Start by melting the chocolate chips. To do this, pour them into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave in increments of 30 seconds until the chocolate chips and melted and smooth. Stir the chocolate after each turn in the microwave so you can tell how melted it actually is.
- Now, pour the melted chocolate onto parchment paper and spread out evenly with a rubber or silicone spatula. My silicone spatula is my favorite tool, because it allows me to scrape ALL the chocolate out of my bowl so nothing goes to waste.
- Now, before the chocolate hardens, zest the oranges over the chocolate until you have as much zest as you like. If you like more zest, add more, if you like less, don't add as much. This step is totally up to you.
- Sprinkle sea salt onto the chocolate before it hardens. Again, add as much as you like.
- Place the parchment paper with bark into the fridge until the chocolate hardens. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the bark from the fridge, then break into pieces. Now you can eat it!
Thank you all for cooking with me! Don't forget to check out the recipe for Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices. That's what I did with the rest of my chocolate and the oranges slices. I Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your time inside. We've been doing some spring cleaning and stress baking/cooking 🙂