Looks good doesn't it?! Oh and it was! I made these for myself and my husband last Sunday, just to test out a new fresh recipe and we were both dancing while we ate. The flavors in this Breakfast Wrap were savory, spicy and so fresh. All of the best things, right?! I couldn't ask for more in a breakfast, and it paired SO well with our mimosas!
Recipes are so versatile, so I will just be sharing what I did and the ingredients I used. Please feel free to add or take away any ingredients you like. If you don't want to use a whole egg, feel free to use egg whites for a healthier option and take out the cheese. If you don't like avocado or tomato, swap them out for mushrooms and asparagus! Even substitute the tortilla for a spinach wrap. Your options are honestly endless.
Ingredients for One Breakfast Wrap
1 - Large Tortilla or Wrap
2 - Eggs
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 - Slices of Tomato
4 - Slices of Avocado
3 tbsp - Diced Red Onion
Drizzle of your favorite Green Chili
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp - Olive Oil
- Start by pre-heating a non stick pan to medium heat.
- Lay a tortilla out onto a plate and spread sour cream onto the middle of the tortilla. Use as much or as little as you like. You could even use hummus instead if you don't like sour cream.
- Slice a tomato thin, and place 4 slices over the sour cream. Do the same with 4 slices of avocado.
- Drizzle your favorite green chili sauce over the vegetables and set this aside for now, while you cook your omelet.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, add a splash of milk, then salt and pepper. Whisk until everything is well combined and the mixture is a light yellow color. Set this aside.
- Add olive oil (or whatever oil you use) to the hot pan. Dice or slice the red onion and add the the hot oil. Sauté your onions until they are tender and translucent.
- Add egg mixture to the pan and let it cook. Do not stir, we are making a little omelet to go onto the wrap.
- When the egg is almost fully cooked through, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese onto the egg, then fold the egg into thirds. Once the egg is fully cooked, remove from the pan and place on top of the vegetables in the tortilla.
- Sprinkle minced, fresh cilantro over the top, then fold the wrap and enjoy!
Using fresh tomatoes, avocado and cilantro definitely gives this Breakfast Wrap an amazing fresh flavor, then adding cheddar cheese and green chili makes it perfectly savory. The combination of all of these ingredients work so well, this wrap has moved up into one of my top five favorite breakfasts. If you hate slicing avocado, I do have a great post that will help you with that also! Below I have shared some links to some helpful kitchen tools, that would be great for this recipe. Thank you all for cooking with me!