My sister made this salad for me a few years ago, and I've been obsessed with it since. Antipasti Cauliflower Salad is the most perfect salad there ever was (yes I'm a little dramatic) but it's all the best things... hearty, flavorful and healthy. I even made my sister make this for our road trip to the Grand Canyon, and it was such a nice refreshing salad to eat after driving in the heat all day. (we kept the salad in a cooler obviously) Honestly though, make this for brunch, your next picnic, to take camping or just to meal prep some really great lunches for you and your family.
Food is the best way to EVERYONE's heart, so this salad will ensure you are sliding right into their heart's DM's!
Antipasti Cauliflower Salad is so hearty you can eat it all on it's own, but it's also a really great side dish. When we were road tripping we served it with brats the first night and Italian subs the second night. This stretched it out a little and allowed us to be able to eat it for more than one meal, and it's so tasty you'll want to eat it more than once!
While we are on road trips, we stay at Under Canvas every chance we get. They have really comfortable accommodations across the U.S. and it's great for a home chef on the go, because they also have BBQ grills for guest use. Just because you are on the road, does not mean you have to settle for a drive through. At night Under Canvas even does smores around the campfire! 🙂
- Cut the entire head of cauliflower into bite size pieces and rinse really well. After rinsed, place in a large microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water then cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for 4 minutes, or until the cauliflower if fork tender. Pull out of the microwave, drain the water off and set aside to allow to cool.
- Rinse the tomatoes then cut them each in half. Toss these into the large bowl with the cauliflower.
- Cut your pepperoni and salami into bite size pieces and throw those into the large bowl as well.
- Peel and slice the red onion half, add to salad.
- Drain mozzarella and pepperoncini peppers, add those to the salad.
- To make the dressing grab a small bowl and whisk together all dressing ingredients until they are well combined then pour the dressing over the cauliflower salad.
- Mix the ingredients really well, cover your bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving as this is best served cold.
- This salad will stay good in the fridge for 2-3 days. After that, the tomatoes get too soft and fresh mozzarella doesn't stay fresh for long.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Thanks to my sister, Paige, for sharing this with me! She's obviously the best sister ever! Please share with your sisters, friends, cousins, people on the street, or just literally everyone! Admittedly, when I make this salad for myself, I don't always add the mozzarella. Sometimes I'm just not feeling like eating dairy! Always keep in mind you can tweak any recipe to make it yours to accommodate your tastes or allergies. Thank you all for cooking with me! I really hope you are all having a fantastic 2021 so far! Crossing my fingers all the craziness is over soon!